The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion company, 10,000 strong and growing. Health and wellness are wildly popular and deeply rooted in all our products: fruits, nuts, water, wine, pure pomegranate juices and teas, and floral delivery. At the Wonderful Company, we are proud to produce successful healthy, iconic and authentic brands, and we are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy and wellness for our employees, their communities and consumers around the world. In California’s Central Valley, where rates of chronic disease are disproportionately high and where 4,000 of our employees and their families live, we are developing an extensive, innovative wellness program. Our free, onsite health clinics combine the best of modern technology, evidence-based medicine, and teamwork to create and sustain a culture of well-being for our employees and the community.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company and our commitment to Central Valley health and wellness, visit http://roll.com/what-we-believe/community.
What you will do & the impact you will have:
We are seeking to grow our network of Licensed Vocation Nurse (LVN) to join our Central Valley health and wellness team. This position will be based at our Wellness Center in Lost Hills, CA, located within our processing and packaging facility.
The position will report directly to the Clinical Manager and will work in collaboration with the clinical team. For the right candidate, this role will provide an incredible opportunity to build, develop and foster collaboration among a team that is evolving a new model for world-class health and wellness that can have an immensely positive impact for underserved and vulnerable populations.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Supports providers in urgent care delivery by monitoring patient flow and assisting in the preparation of examination rooms, preparation of patients for an exam, and documentation of vital signs.
- Provides nursing services including administration of medications, immunizations and injections to patients as directed by the providers; initiation of referrals to other providers and community health resources.
- Assists provider with examination and procedures as requested. Reassures and comforts patients who are apprehensive about pending examinations and treatment; provide health instruction to patients following examinations.
- Documents patient’s current medication list, including name(s) of medications, dosages, frequency, duration and start date. Assists providers with medication refill requests and completes pre-authorizations as needed.
- Performs phlebotomy, administers medications and treatment as prescribed through written Provider orders, and documents procedures in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Assists in dispensing of in-house pharmacy medications and managing medication and drug sample inventory.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the care given by the interdisciplinary care team and identifies problems making timely recommendations for their solution.
- Monitors medical supply inventory and assists with restocking and ordering on a weekly basis.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Current, valid California Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish required
- Excellent communication skills at the level necessary for taking patients’ medical histories, understanding provider and supervisor instructions, and for accurately documenting patients’ medical information.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the patient population and staff while demonstrating a high degree of diplomacy and tact.
- Working knowledge of “Universal Precautions” and demonstrated professionalism at all times
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-stress and fast-moving environment
- Possess a thorough understanding of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure according to the general standards set forth by HIPAA.
- Culturally sensitive and demonstrated ability and effectiveness in working with ethnically diverse populations.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to work on an as-needed basis in order to meet the operational needs of the clinic.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Tuition reimbursement offered after 1 year of employment.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work-Life integration.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines, and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America’s No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America’s No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.