At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019 and by Diversity Inc as #12 on the Top 50 Companies for Diversity. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Leadership Development Program (LDP) – PhD Class of 2020
Where the Chemistry Happens…
BASF’s Leadership Development Programs (LDPs) were created to provide highly motivated, mobile-minded current university students an opportunity to enhance their professional skills through a variety of diverse learning experiences. Participants will contribute to real-world rotational assignments within different domestic locations. They will explore career options and develop technical and professional decision-making skills, while fulfilling specific business needs. Participants also have the opportunity to assess their capabilities, skills, and interests and gain valuable exposure to BASF’s culture, values, and decision-makers.
Explore your sense of adventure! Build your professional network! Engage your passion for challenge! Apply for the BASF Leadership Development Program!
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO CANDIDATES RECEIVING A PhD DEGREE OR COMPLETING THEIR FIRST OR SECOND YEAR OF THEIR FIRST POST DOC POSITION BETWEEN DECEMBER 2019 AND AUGUST 2020. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DEFENDED THEIR THESIS PRIOR TO AUGUST 2020.
- You will participate in a 24-month cross-functional program with three, eight-month assignments that will expose you to various technologies and career opportunities at BASF
- Your ability to be mobile will be critical, as assignments will be in a variety of locations throughout the U.S.; each assignment will be in a new location supporting a different business unit
- Leveraging your scientific capabilities and savviness, your first assignment must be technical in nature and be housed at one of our Research, Development and Technical hubs
- Upon your completion of the rotational program, you may be offered opportunities in research, development, or applications in the following: materials, organic chemical, polymer, agro-chemical, biotechnology, ecology, and quality improvement, production/process support, innovation, and technical business functions
- Potential start dates are June and August of 2020 with a required weeklong orientation conference in New Jersey in August 2020.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Formula for Success:
Join us! We’ll be recruiting at the following events:
*Dates are subject to change. Visit https://basf.avature.net/events to get the latest information on our upcoming events and to pre-register!
Candidates pre-selected for an interview will participate in a one-hour interview with three BASF representatives. If successful, candidates will be asked back the following day to conduct a poster presentation. On-campus interviews will occur at the following campuses:
Virtual interviews will be held for those schools not listed above by October 4, 2019.
Candidates receiving a full-time LDP job offer will be invited to participate in a BASF visit on October 14, 2019. Additional details will be provided to applicable candidates.
To watch a video and learn more about the PhD LDP, please visit www.basf.com/universitycareers.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success: