At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019 and by Diversity Inc as #14 on the Top 50 Companies for Diversity. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Leadership Development Program (LDP) Internship – PhD Summer 2021
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking highly motivated, upcoming university graduates who are willing and able to relocate and ready to take their careers to the next level. Our LDP internship is a precursor to our rotational program, which combine hands-on experience, both technically and strategically, with unparalleled networking opportunities designed to accelerate your career development at BASF.
APPLICATION IS AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS RECEIVING A PhD BETWEEN MAY 2022 AND AUGUST 2023.
- As a highly motivated graduate student, you will spend a summer working at a North American BASF site (options may included Wyandotte, MI, Tarrytown, NY, or Research Triangle Park, NC); A stipend will be provided to help support costs associated with temporarily relocating to one of our sites
- Interns will work in various areas such as development, technical service, production support, technology specialist
- This program is targeted toward traditionally under-represented groups in technical / R&D areas, including but not limited to: female students and students of African American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander descent
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
We offer students the opportunity to spend a summer working at a North American BASF site within the U.S. These practical and meaningful assignments will give you an opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in school during this 10 to 12-week program.
Candidates pre-selected for an interview will participate in a 45 minute virtual interview with two BASF representatives. Interviews may not begin until mid-October.
To learn more about the full-time PhD LDP, please visit www.basf.com/universitycareers.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success:
- Current PhD students graduating between May 2022 – August 2023 and pursuing a doctorate in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biosciences, Material Science, or Polymer Science
- Authorization to work in the U.S. now and in the future without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- Commitment to relocate anywhere in the U.S. (A relocation stipend will be provided)
- Demonstrated academic achievement
- Demonstrated leadership achievement
- Outstanding work ethic and leadership potential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must submit letter of approval from advisor along with application