Job Title: Assembly Lead
Summary of Responsibilities:
Assists Supervisor in coordinating, assigning, and directing work assignments within the Shipping / Receiving Department. Works with other functional areas to communicate and / or resolve product, process, quality and material availability issues.
Summary of Duties:
- Leads by example in all areas of the shipping/receiving/shop floor work activities.
You should be willing to lead by example Example following all procedures even if you don’t agree.
- Provides direction and support to the shipping/receiving and Material Handling personnel.
- Support the team, work with them in completion of tasks.
- Complete cycle counts
- Assist management in formal evaluation of the performance of personnel.
- Support the review process with subjective input with supporting examples
- Assists in scheduling and monitoring work assignments within the department to utilize available resources, skills, experience and equipment to obtain the most favorable costs, quality and workmanship.
- Identify and provide training and instruction as required.
- Makes recommendations for the improvement of methods and procedures.
- Instructs personnel and insures products are being received according to defined procedures no exceptions.
- Insures compliance with company rules and safety policies.
- Example Seat belts, safety glasses and safe driving should be supported.
- Recommends and assists with any required disciplinary actions.
- Administers company / governmental policies governing employment and treatment of employees with highest ethnical regard.
- Champions 5-S effort in group.
- Areas should be neat and organized
- Performs other tasks as required by management.
- Identifies quality issues that should be pushed back to the supplies.
- Maintains control points for the receiving area.
- Works with internal PDI process to improve the quality of the finished product.
- Must be able to interpret Quality requirements and make sound decisions.
- Requires a minimum of three years education and/or experience in Shipping/Reciving.
- Ability to read and write English for shipping procedures, shipping order packets, and safety instructions.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written), leadership skills, problem solving skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must be very self motivated and able to perform in a team environment.
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a team setting and demonstrate a positive work attitude.
Special Job Dimensions:
- Must be able to perform physical strength and endurance requirements of job.
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law .
Nearest Major Market: Baltimore
Job Segment: Shipping and Receiving, Warehouse, Manager, Compliance, Operations, Manufacturing, Management, Legal