Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Law Clerk Intern
Position Purpose: This position provides legal support to the Land O’Lakes Law Department’s lawyers which include about fifteen transactional attorneys practicing in all areas of corporate law and two litigation attorneys. Law clerks also directly support business processes and internal clients (under attorney supervision).
Specific duties may include:
- Legal research;
- Analysis of documents, statutes, proposed legislation;
- Contract review and drafting;
- Preparation of legal instruments, position papers, and memorandums; and other duties.
We are seeking a rising 2L: a student who will have completed their 1L year in May, 2020. This position requires a candidate to work full time during the summer of 2020 (late May to late August), and part time during the 2020-2021 school year, with opportunity to continue beyond the conclusion of the 2L year.
A cover letter is not required to apply for this position, but we will read it if included with your materials. We generally don’t review writing samples.
- Enrolled in a course of study at an accredited law school leading to a JD degree, with one (1L) year of law school completed May of 2020.
- Top 25% of class preferred.
- Please include class rank (if available) and first semester GPA on your resume. Later-submitted applications that include GPA are preferred over earlier applications that do not include GPA.
- Familiarity with, or strong interest in, corporate transactional law, and/or food and agriculture.
- Previous professional work experience is helpful, but not required.
Our best law clerks:
- Are excellent students with a foundational understanding of legal principles.
- Communicate clearly and professionally through e-mail in a timely manner.
- Pick-up new concepts quickly and apply learnings from one project to the next.
- Are comfortable not knowing the “correct” answer, and willing to propose educated analysis that might not be right.
- Work well in a team environment, but don’t mind managing projects alone.
- Maintain a keen attention to detail while managing multiple, high-priority projects.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy