The primary responsibilities of this role, Land Reclamation Intern, are to:
- Be responsible of water sampling and logging of data;
- Assist in establishing native flowers, habitat, and food plots on various properties;
- Assist in storm water inspections and plan updates;
- Monitor and record data from nest boxes;
- Construct brush and rock piles for small mammal habitats;
- Have an involvement in planning, installation, and maintenance of erosion control practices;
- Collect soil and vegetation samples from an ongoing field study;
- Be involved in agency inspections;
- Assist with mine tours;
- Learn operation of reclamation equipment;
- Work with GIS ArcView 9;
- Survey with a Trimble GPS;
- Assist other department personnel as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelor”s or Master”s degree program in Land Reclamation (or related field) and have completed their sophomore year by the start of their co-op or internship;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Return to school upon completion of their term with Bayer to continue their program of study;
- Work at the Soda Springs Idaho mining site for the duration of the term (January – June of 2021 OR May – August of 2021 OR June – December of 2021).
- Able to provide creative solutions to complex problems;
- Coursework in Watershed Management, Range-Wildlife Relation, Revegetation, GIS and GPS, Soil/Environmental Chemistry, Soil and Water Conservation, Environmental Law, Elements of Mining, Project Management or/and Environmental Engineering.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.