Laborer – Memphis, TN
ADM Cotton Seed
This is an hourly level position.
- Understands that accidents are preventable and that safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- Assists in Lock-Out/Tag-Out/Try-Out procedures on various valves and machine equipment such as motors, driers and pumps.
- Adheres to all safety and process requirements.
- Maintains awareness and adheres to all GMP, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines.
- Informs supervisor immediately of any hazards, unsafe equipment and/or acts. Additionally reports immediately any accidents, injuries and near misses to supervisor.
- Active participation in safety programs and safety duties as required.
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by complying with all department and plant safety policies regarding the use of hard hats, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protective equipment.
- Works in teams by maintaining good communication and cooperation with other department operators and management in order to achieve efficient production processes in all areas.
- Work outside for long periods of time in all weather conditions
- Unload cotton seed trucks
- Have good working knowledge of seed flow from dumpers to storage
- Have good working knowledge of seed flow from storage to mill
- Load oil, meal, pellet, and lint railcars
- Load meal, pellet, lint trucks
- Operate fork lift, clamp truck, skid steer loader, and front end loader safely and efficiently
- Operate Track Mobile rail car mover
- Transfer cotton seed from storage to production
- General Housekeeping
- Assist maintenance personnel as needed
- Any other jobs directed by supervisor
- Good attendance history
- Excellent safety record and awareness
- Previous plant operator experience
- Previous experience with skid steer loader and/or pay loader
- Ability to work on multiple tasks
- Ability to train
- Ability to work rotating shift job if required
- Good organizational skills
- Willingness to assume and learn new responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven housekeeping and sanitation skills
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary
- Accurate record keeping skills
- Good keyboarding and computer skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to lift up to 10lbs from waist to shoulder height on a frequent basis
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs from floor to shoulder height on an occasional basis
- Must be able to push/pull 35lbs on an occasional basis
- Must be able to throw rail switches
- Must be able to stand 8-12 hours
- Must be able to walk 8-12 hours
- Must be able to sit while driving 8-12 hours
- Climb ladders, work at elevated heights
- Must be able to climb to the top of all seed houses and tanks. (100ft in elevation)
- Must be able to handle extensive walking on rough surfaces while switching cars
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical/respirator questionnaire and a background check.