Ruff Farms is a growing operation just south of Columbus, Ohio, currently farming 4,000 acres of corn, soybeans, and wheat. Our associates have great character, energy, professionalism, are hardworking, and ethical.
We need another full-time, year-round Team Member for our operation in Circleville, Ohio. In this role you will be performing a wide variety of tasks from equipment and property maintenance to operating farm equipment and driving trucks. This is a great entry level opportunity!
Compensation depends on experience $15 – $20 per hour along with benefits (health insurance off set and IRA matching available). We want to train the right individual who demonstrates the traits we value. Hours vary for our busy season but are typically 45-50 hours per week on average, all year. We work year-round and have a lot of variety!
Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Daily maintenance and light repair of farm equipment.
- Assisting with planting, harvest, and spray operations.
- Driving heavy equipment, tractors and combines.
- Hauling grain locally.
- Self-motivated, team player, and ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license. Class A CDL is a plus, you must get it & we will train you.
- Good mechanical ability.
- Candidates with farming, construction, and / or agriculture backgrounds preferred.
- Must work extended hours during peak seasons, especially spring, mid-summer and fall.
- One year plus as a heavy equipment operator, mechanic, or technician preferred.
If you can operate a variety of equipment, have a great attitude, and are a team player, we are interested in you!