Bunge (www.bunge.com , NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oil seed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve in over 60 countries. The company is headquartered in New York and has 31,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 360 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain silos, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Co-op/ Intern employees in the Quality area will support Qualtiy or Lab projects, learn to use the plant testing equipment, learn plant operations and the need for product testing & GMPs. Work with the Quality Manager to support his work functions .
- Acquire knowledge of various unit operations, functions, and process flow
- Observe work assignments performed by others and participate in hands-on projects and/or special assignments.
- Maintain communication with Quality Manager and others as necessary to include feedback on assignments.
- Assist Quality Manager with the management of projects, audits, food safety training and contractors as required.
- Acquire knowledge of quality/lab tech skills and apply that knowledge to specific jobs.
- Conduct various analytical tests on site products
- Enter data using spreadsheets and other laboratory database programs
- Assist with project management as required with the direct supervision of the quality manager.
- Conduct safety training and audits as needed for the work being performed .
- Must be an active, full-time student at the time of application
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours by the end of the spring semester in the year in which application is made
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities
Travel Requirements, if any (please indicate percentage): 5%
Language Requirements, if any: None
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Mansfield
Job Segment: Intern, Laboratory, Law, Food Safety, Sustainable Agriculture, Science, Entry Level, Legal, Quality, Agriculture