About Roach Ag Marketing
Roach Ag. Marketing is an independent, full-service commodity advisory firm founded in 1978 to help farmers do a better job of marketing their crops and livestock. Roach Ag. spent its first 21 years in Perry, Iowa, before moving its headquarters to Boca Raton, Florida. In addition, we have 7 offices located across the Corn Belt to better serve our clients and provide intelligence to the home office about crop and livestock fundamentals throughout the United States.
Our Professional Staff has over 200 years of combined experience in the futures industry to draw upon. Although our advisors are authorized to trade all commodities, we specialize in corn, soybeans, wheat, cattle and hog futures as well as agriculture commodity options.
For more information about the company please view our website at http://www.roachag.com.
Join our team as a full-time, Commodity Risk Advisor in Boca Raton, FL. We’re hiring entry level advisors; you will have the opportunity to learn our business and sales strategies from experts in the industry. We will teach you how to be successful in grain marketing and commodity futures. Most advisors will think about our position as a hybrid between a stock broker, accountant and sales.
Successful candidates will have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work in an environment where they are responsible for setting and attaining their own goals.
Agricultural acumen desired but not required; this is an ideal opportunity for candidates who desires a career in agriculture but do not wish to be on the farm.
What you would be doing
• Solicit and develop new business (phone, meetings, and one on one on the farm)
• Provide market outlook analysis and price risk assessment to customers
• Secure new and maintain existing accounts
• Supply market information and recommendations
• Execute futures and options trades as a price risk tool or for speculative purposes
• Maintain daily, monthly, and annual customer records
• Conduct seminars, radio, print media and TV appearances
• Bachelor's Degree in agriculture, agricultural economics, agribusiness marketing, communications or related field preferred but not required
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must enjoy working in an office environment, hours on the phone while learning markets while teaching the company strategy to U.S. farmers.
• Must be internally motivated and able to work independently • Work experience involving customer relations is a plus, but not required
• Successful completion of the series 3 trading exam within 1 year of completing the training program
This opportunity offers a guaranteed income during the introductory period; Roach Ag typically provides a $50,000-75,000 annual income for the 2 years. Commodity Risk Advisors eventually should work on 100% commission to make numbers above $100,000.
Relatable terms: Grain Merchandiser, Commodity Trader, Grain Trader, Agribusiness, Ag Marketing