Responsible for leading, coordinating & ensuring delivering IT infrastructure support for North American AGCO sites & 3rd party services. Working with the Central support teams based in Europe, Local IT engineers based at AGCO sites in NA and 3rd party support teams in NA. Further, to assist third line technical support for all local network, hosting incidents, requests and problems with their appropriate technical teams. The support provided will be for on going day-to-day operational needs (incidents, crash maintenance and small change requests). The role will include investigation, analysis, construction, testing and implementation support. It will also include liaison with AGCO’s central IT support team and AGCO 3rd party providers for hardware, backup/restore and PC software. The incumbent may also be asked to assist with other IT support & development activities across AGCO. The position is a full time with call out. The incumbent may also be expected to work outside of normal NA hours to support other regions and sites including occasionally travelling overseas to support IT projects and infrastructure development.
- Assist users & IT users in raising calls through the Service Desk and ensuring appropriate request forms are completed. Also ensuring calls are routed correctly within the Service Desk. I.E Ensuring appropriate support for NA IT requests and Service Incidents
- Working as part of a team with the central Tech-Ops team, to ensure 2nd/3rd line support Servers in the AGCO Global environment, including SQL, Exchange & SharePoint Servers remain healthy and online.
- Working as part of a team with Tech-Ops to support implementation of projects for NA sites and users including network switches, Servers, Backup and Storage requirements. Following up with appropriate communication to business and operational support groups for go-lives/changes/ process developments
- Ensure operational readiness of SANs, NAS devices, Virtual and Physical Server environments through operational teams and escalating the 3rd line through approved processes as necessary.
- Coordinate BAU projects which will include replacement hardware, server upgrades & patching to recommended/defined standards, policy role out and site upgrades.
- Coordination of Backup & restore jobs/processes/tape rotation and storage requirements. Through centrally managed and 3rd party support teams. Liaising directly with local IT managers and internal IT customers.
- Support Audit processes through the IT groups with respect the NA administered and managed systems.
- Other Ad-hoc local support as required
- Operational and support knowledge VMware, EMC storage, Cisco hardware, network connectivity. 10 year experience.
- Technical knowledge and experience of key Microsoft & Infrastructure network components
- Hands-on experience for L1, L2 levels of infrastructure operational work
- Good knowledge of IT Change Management Process as it relates to IT Support
- Good knowledge of purchase process & third party processes
- Good working knowledge of the day-to-day operational environment
- Good working knowledge of the NA service desk systems & processes
- Good working knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of the key MIS staff members
- A good level of understanding of the Various IT Groups, their responsibilities & Business supported by the Wintel systems is needed
- A good understanding of Server, Storage, Network Technology, and ITIL support processes to ensure latest technology and techniques are used in support
- Strong communication skills within a multi-site, multi IT vendor NA organization preferably with Global locations.
- Coordination skills are required with the ability to work well with other technical staff, sometimes remote, sometimes under pressure.
PROBLEM SOLVING This role will need to use problem solving skill during System support, Implementation Planning, Systems Outage resolution and many other areas. This means working alone or as part of a team to solve key issues. Good problem resolution skills are required and a thorough process needs to be used to
- Generate ideas on possible options
- Identify route cause
- Analyze the options
- Provide a rational based ranking of possible solutions
- Recommend the optimal solution
The exact process for problem resolution will depend on the issue at the time but good skills in this area are key
NATURE OF IMPACT
- Highly available (24/7 globally) and reliable systems are fundamental to the health of the business
- Systems modifications are carried out in support of the growth objectives of the corporation
- This role has an impact on the effective day-to-day operation of the business areas concerned across the AGCO NA region
- The scope of impact of this role will be that of a Manager Systems, Project Manager or Project Leader as they are responsible for the support of major systems for the whole region.
AREA OF IMPACT
- The ability of the MIS department to offer timely, cost effective and uniform support for the Wintel environment
- The remote access systems and email access for individual users within the scope of the team
- This role is vital in providing the day-to-day operation of the systems that are fundamental to the operation
- The timely procurement process to ensure deadlines and availability windows for AGCO’s traveling internal staff are hit
- Good communicational skills, verbal and written
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Indicate the qualifications and number of years experience required, including areas that are industry specific.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Wintel Support / Helpdesk
- Microsoft accreditation for desktop operating systems preferable
- Knowledge of Cisco LAN WLAN, TCPIP and Windows Active Directory environment
- Familiarity with hardware for Servers, backup devices and PCs (DELL, HP & EMC preferred)
- Familiarity with Citrix, VPN, IPASS & Blackberry clients and functionality
- Good knowledge of Large Multinational IT infrastructure environment is helpful
- Good Interpersonal skills and helpful support attitude
- Ability to work well other members of IT and the business
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Developer, Service Desk, Procurement, Operations, Technology, Customer Service