The primary responsibilities of this role, International Finance Leadership Trainee, are to:
- Achieve pre-defined learning objectives in several Controlling or Accounting functions to ensure a common understanding and skill set as related to Bayer financial processes and procedures and gain as much knowledge as possible in the various parts of the organization;
- Obtain an overview of the different areas of the Finance/Controlling community to foster the understanding and collaboration between departments necessary to successfully function in a leadership capacity at some point in the future;
- Establish performance goals with upper management, educates him or herself in company policies that effect the business and monitor the progress of his/her performance with key trainers and senior management;
- Observe and work with experienced staff to gain knowledge about procedures, methods and standards that are required for performing successfully within the Finance/Controlling organization;
- Network and build the foundation for effective and long-term relationships within the International Bayer Finance/Controlling community.
During the training program, the incumbent will work in at least three (3) rotations within Crop Science Controlling with potential rotations as follows:
- Product Supply – understanding the production and COGS aspects of controlling;
- Commercial Operations & Performance Management – driving financial reporting and business partnering with commercial counterparts to include global businesses such as Vegetables and Environmental Science;
- North America Commercial / Finance Business Partnering – where knowledge of the products and markets of the crop science business as well as the respective planning processes including budget, forecast, etc will be developed. Additional experiences will include customer financing and credit to ensure adequate risk mitigation while partnering with the sales functions to ensure market growth.
- Research & Development – portfolio management and valuation while planning and reporting on investment spend.
- Accounting – Gain basic knowledge of the various accounting systems (SAP and Bayer Accounting standards).
The program will provide the potential for rotations and placement in cross-divisional functions should the availability, need and fit exist for the functions and candidate.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Master”s degree in a Finance, Accounting, Data Science, of Mathematics related field plus a minimum of three (3) year”s related work experience;
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to network and build effective working relationships;
- Strong critical thinking as well as analytical and strategic skills;
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office with a particular emphasis on Excel;
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and strong organizational skills;
- High level of motivation, energy, a passion for excellence, self-confidence, self-starter and the ability to work independently;
- Willingness to accept an international assignment for a minimum of six (6) months and to relocate as required by Bayer;
- Behavior which exemplifies Bayer”s LIFE values.
- At least one (1) semester of International studies abroad.