- Facilitate annual and ongoing risk assessments.
- Demonstrate and apply a clear understanding of internal control technical and regulatory requirements (SOX/CFTC/SSAE16).
- Partner and promote strong relationships with business unit stakeholders to develop a thorough understanding of the business, relevant financial reporting risks and core key processes.
- Lead the timely creation of process maps and control matrices for new and updated processes.
- Evaluate key controls with control owners to identify any changes in existing controls or new activities which may require controls.
- Advise, assess and document key controls over financial reporting and facilitate timely implementation of enhancements with business owners.
- Identify gaps in the internal control design that could lead to financial reporting risk.
- Support the mitigation of action items by helping the business understand the findings, potential controls, dependencies to remediation whether internal or external and setting realistic timeliness while monitoring progress to ensure action items are closed timely.
- Conduct internal controls training, development of self-assessment programs and monitoring within assigned areas.
- Lead process and transaction walk-throughs to validate processes remain in compliance with SOX objectives.
- Ensure successful execution of the quarterly SOX self-certification process.
- Lead ad-hoc projects to deliver improved processes and controls as requested by the business unit and management.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of control activities to the Internal Controls Director.
- Cultivate and maintain a collaborative relationship with Internal Audit and other risk and control professionals across the organization.
- Evaluate the impact of new strategic initiatives and significant operational developments on company’s compliance, governance and internal control framework effectiveness.
- Serve on company’s project-related committees providing advisory services regarding internal control execution.
- Evaluate and track emerging compliance and market conduct issues and advise management of any issues that could affect current business or necessary revisions to governance process.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Travel up to 15%
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- 7 plus years’ experience in auditing, accounting or related internal controls experience
- Previous experience designing, implementing or analyzing processes, systems and internal controls at a large SEC Filer company
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Professional certification including; CPA, CIA, CMA
- Commodity or financial services industry background/experience
- Experience with SAP as an end-user or through configuration
- Bi-lingual preferred in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Public accounting experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.