The AGCO Acceleration Center is seeking a Software Engineering Intern who is passionate about new technologies and excited to jump in, learn fast, and make a difference. The Acceleration Center is comprised of groups of interdisciplinary students working on projects in the areas of data analytics, application development, and emerging technology research. As an Acceleration Intern, you will become a part of a team and support in the planning, execution, and completion of various initiatives to support a flagship product of a global company in the ag-tech industry.
The position will collaborate closely with senior team members to develop and support web or mobile technology development around augmented reality for assisting with farm machinery repair. As a Software Engineer Intern you will primarily focus on object oriented and functional software design, various software configuration management, and programming /coding for various applications.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Help create solid technical solutions leveraging our defined technology standards and knowledge of multiple programming tools and techniques
- Understand and develop solution plans according to gathered business and technical requirements
- Supporting the development of test cases, executing test plans, and assist with related problem solving during all phases of project testing in alignment with test plans
- Analyze and find conclusions around different technologies
- Understand and work on projects operated in the Agile workflow.
- Be able to present your proposed solutions in onsite meetings and translate your findings/data into understandable documentation and models
- Understand coding standards and requirements, and participate in code reviews
- Some experience in React, and React native to develop web and mobile applications
- Some understanding of drone programming stack (python/swift)
- Some understanding of route optimization algorithms and its implementation
- Be proficient in software architecture design of medium sized software systems
- Be proficient in object oriented and functional software design
- Have a technical ability in SDK configuration
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively analyze and execute professional level work in the assigned department
- Have the technical ability to develop algorithms in an end to end software solution
- Must be registered as a full-time student
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a scheduled basis
- Graduation date of May 2020 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Additional Details:
This is a paid, part-time internship for Fall 2019 at the AGCO Acceleration Center in the University of Illinois’ Research Park. Students are required to work 15-20 hours a week on-site at our office in Research Park.
AGCO (NYSE: AGCO) is a Fortune 500 corporation offering solutions across the agriculture chain with a complete product portfolio. Our grain and protein brands include GSI, Cimbria, AP, Cumberland and Tecno – global manufacturers of grain systems, seed processing, and swine and poultry production equipment. We are dedicated to protecting every acre, every harvest and every animal in our customers’ care. By doing this, we help advance agriculture in developing countries and around the world.
GSI is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Nearest Major Market: Champaign
Nearest Secondary Market: Urbana
Job Segment: Developer, Intern, Agricultural, Software Engineer, Engineer, Technology, Entry Level, Agriculture, Engineering