- Perform routine engineering calculations.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret detailed unit operations data to troubleshoot and optimize operating issues.
- Issue recommendations to improve unit yields and energy usage.
- Recognize and report and/or suggest recommendations regarding safety, health and environmental issues that impact operations and personnel.
- Interpret instructions and apply learned engineering principles on assignments, complex features, and possible solutions.
- Projects may include: equipment design, testing of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques in particular areas of assignments.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Currently a Junior or Senior enrolled in a Chemical Engineering program at an ABET accredited four-year college/university
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, including respirators
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Internship experience in the petrochemical or refining industry
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local coopera