- Provide technical support assistance to refinery Mechanical Engineers and Inspectors to achieve equipment reliability and performance while meeting company safety, environment, and economic guidelines.
- Participate in a variety of different activities, such as mechanical equipment design, inspection data analysis, fitness for service evaluations, equipment repair plan development, materials selection, root cause failure analysis, and troubleshoot equipment performance and develop recommendations for maintenance.
- Work with Process Engineers to design and install new projects and other unit improvements.
- Recognize and report and/or suggest recommendations regarding safety, health and environmental issues that impact operations and personnel.
- Assist with projects that may include equipment design, preparation of specifications, equipment integrity evaluations, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques in particular areas of assignments.
- Follow and adhere to all safety training and company practices.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including respirators.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Currently a Junior or Senior enrolled in a Chemical Engineering program at an ABET accredited four-year college/university
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, including respirators
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Internship experience in the petrochemical or refining industry
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local coopera