The AGCO Acceleration Center is looking for a highly talented intern to join our team at the Research Park for the 2020 summer. This person will work closely with the Global Research and Advanced Engineering (R&AE) team in Duluth, GA and Jackson, MN and assist the team in developing Proof of Concept sensor solutions. The position works closely with our R&AE personnel on project activities as well as working independently.
Support machine learning algorithm development within the R&AE team:
- Annotate images to be used in training and validation of Neural Networks
- Develop proof of concept machine vision algorithms for real world agricultural problems
- Assist with analysis other projects including statistical analysis, image analysis and processing
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Detail oriented with excellent report writing and documentation skills
- Preferably has experience with machine vision, computer vision and machine learning development
- Preferably has experience in MATLAB or Python
- Preferably have completed one or more internships and/or have working experience (e.g. part time job).
- Preferred degree program in Computer Engineering or related field
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
This is a paid, part-time internship for summer 2020 at the AGCO Acceleration Center in the University of Illinois’ Research Park. Students are required to work 20-40 hours a week on-site at our office in Research Park or offsite as the current Health situation requires.
AGCO (NYSE: AGCO) is a Fortune 500 corporation offering solutions across the agriculture chain with a complete product portfolio. Our grain and protein brands include GSI, Cimbria, AP, Cumberland and Tecno – global manufacturers of grain systems, seed processing, and swine and poultry production equipment. We are dedicated to protecting every acre, every harvest and every animal in our customers’ care. By doing this, we help advance agriculture in developing countries and around the world.
Nearest Major Market: Blue Earth
Job Segment: Intern, Agricultural, Engineer, Entry Level, Agriculture, Engineering, Part Time, Research