Position Purpose: (Summer 2021 Internship) A Grain Risk Management Intern will job shadow and assist StoneX Grain Risk Management Consultants in the Bowling Green, Ohio office while helping maintain satisfied clients and completing various projects. Learning opportunities include customer service, compiling weekly crop comments, customer/client visits, industry networking, and trainings. The intern will be working in a vibrant, ever-changing, engaging office environment, working mostly with agricultural clients in the Great Lakes Region.
Internship Dates: May – August 2021
- Grain and commodity market data analysis (corn, soybeans, wheat among other commodities)
- Gather grain market commentary & distribute to clients
- Keep up to date on commodity market moving information, and other news that is relevant to consultants and clients.
- Assist in daily office operations including running/checking reports for trade accuracy.
- Maintains a satisfactory level of customer service with clients via various communication methods.
- Handles client requests in a timely and effective manner. Understands need to escalate task if needed.
- Works proactively with other team members to develop new ideas and problem solve.
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance.
- This list of responsibilities may not be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as needed.
- A minimum of 2 years completion of college coursework (strongly preferred)
- Accounting, Agribusiness, Business, Communications, Finance or Economics majors preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to proactively engage in conversation with clients through phone, email, and IM
- Ability to correctly make decisions involving client issues/problems including when to escalate the problem to a more senior consultant.
- Adaptable to quick changing market conditions, client requests, and office needs
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer
Physical requirements/Working conditions:
- Climate controlled office environment
- Minimal physical requirements other than occasional light lifting of boxed materials
- Dynamic, time-sensitive environment
StoneX (formerly known as INTL FCStone) is an institutional-grade financial services network that connects companies, organizations and investors to the global markets ecosystem through a unique blend of digital platforms, end-to-end clearing and execution services, high-touch service and deep expertise. We provide access to 36 derivatives exchanges, 175 foreign exchange markets, nearly every global securities marketplace and a number of bi-lateral liquidity venues. We deliver this access with support throughout the entire lifecycle of a trade – from consulting and “boots-on-the-ground” intelligence, to best execution, to post-trade clearing, custody and settlement. In these ways, StoneX enables clients to use the global markets ecosystem to achieve their business goals through one trusted partner. We currently serve more than 30,000 commercial, institutional and payments clients, and more than 125,000 retail clients across more than 130 countries. Our clients use our institutional-grade digital platforms, our high-touch service, and our market intelligence to pursue trading opportunities, make investments efficiently, manage their market risks, and improve their business performance. Our relentless focus on helping them accomplish these objectives has enabled us to build deeply valued, long-term relationships based on guidance, integrity, transparency and trust.
You may be requested to consent to a) a FBI background check via the submission of fingerprints and b) a background check that may include credit history, judgments, and liens checks.
StoneX Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.