- Perform routine engineering calculations.
- Identify and organize documentation associated with refinery electrical utilization and distribution systems. This will primarily include searching equipment and project files for drawings and documentation associated with the electrical utilization equipment for various process units. The drawings (one-lines, schematics, elevation drawings, etc.) and documents will then need to be field verified, revised appropriately, and stored in the refineries electronic filing systems including the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and drawing storage system.
- Design motor feeder circuits including updated piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs), an electrical area classification drawing, a plan drawing showing general conduit routes and equipment locations, a revised switch rack or motor control center elevation drawing, revised one-line diagrams, schematic drawings, and a revised conduit and cable list.
- Design feeder circuits including updates of piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs), a plan drawing showing general conduit routes and equipment locations, a revised switch rack or motor control center elevation drawing, a revised conduit and cable list, and an updated power panel schedule.
- Recognize and report and/or suggest recommendations regarding safety, health and environmental issues that impact operations and personnel.
- Interpret instructions and apply learned engineering principles on assignments, complex features, and possible solutions.
- Work on projects that may include: equipment design, testing of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques in particular areas of assignments.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Currently a Junior or Senior enrolled in an Electrical Engineering program at an ABET accredited four-year college/university
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, including respirators
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Internship experience in the petrochemical or refining industry
- Completed core engineering courses such as Circuit Theory
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local coopera