The AGCO Acceleration Center is looking for a highly talented Design Engineer to join our team in Research Park during the Fall 2019. We’re an agricultural manufacturer, and we’re looking for an intern to get involved with our engineering teams to evaluate and optimize designs of existing equipment to address customer needs and reduce cost, work on project teams to create new designs, and develop and review of current methods and standards.
Job Function and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with Engineers to understand and verify product requirements and cost targets
- Prepare concept, design, development and feasibility studies of engineering projects
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineer/Quality Associate for manufacturing documentation
- Computer based design and simulation
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Mechanical engineering, Agricultural engineering, or similar background
- 3D modeling experience, Creo preferred
- Familiarity with instrumentation and measurement equipment
- Studying mechanical or agricultural engineering
- Agricultural background preferred
- Must be registered as a full-time student
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
- Creative problem solver with ability to understand larger picture but also focus on details
This is a paid, part-time internship for Fall 2019 at the AGCO Acceleration Center in the University of Illinois’ Research Park. Students are required to work 10-20 hours a week on-site at our office in Research Park.
AGCO (NYSE: AGCO) is a Fortune 500 corporation offering solutions across the agriculture chain with a complete product portfolio. Our grain and protein brands include GSI, Cimbria, AP, Cumberland and Tecno – global manufacturers of grain systems, seed processing, and swine and poultry production equipment. We are dedicated to protecting every acre, every harvest and every animal in our customers’ care. By doing this, we help advance agriculture in developing countries and around the world.
GSI is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Nearest Major Market: Champaign
Nearest Secondary Market: Urbana
Job Segment: Intern, Agricultural, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Design Engineer, Entry Level, Agriculture, Engineering