The AGCO Acceleration Center is a Data Analyst Intern who is a self-starter and is interested in using data to solve problems and create progressive solutions. This person will work on projects as a member of the North America Fuse Team, which is dedicated to using technology to enable greater productivity and profitability to our customers. In addition to being involved with IoT and data analytics, this person will also have opportunities to exhibit their skills in data visualization and marketing. Join a team in the heart of this technology and data revolution in Precision Agriculture with a Fortune 500 company that is utilizing smart farming solutions to feed the world.
The Data Analyst Intern will play a key role within the Fuse team. This person will work closely with the product marketing function, looking for new ways to use data to create internal value, enable our dealers, reach new customers, and grow precision agriculture technology adoption across North America. Working on varying use cases and access to multiple data sources, there is opportunity to explore new ideas, be creative, and gain experience within a unique organization. This position will focus on data-driven projects but there will be opportunities to dive into other key business functions. Successful candidates will be able to use their data expertise to explore datasets, build dashboards, uncover insights, and ultimately tell a story. If this sounds like you, we are excited to hear from you!
Education and Experience
- Current student pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Major in business analytics, statistics, computer science, or any quantitative field is strongly preferred
- Experience with data visualization and analytics
- Ag-related majors or industry experience is preferred but not required
Qualifications and Experience
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel and relational database software
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, etc.
- Exposure to coding languages like SQL, R, or Python
- Familiar with data analytic tools: Tableau, Alteryx, RStudio, etc.
- Proficient with statistical analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Critical thinker, comfortable with experimentation and problem solving without specific process
- Nice to Have: Data mining and machine learning experience
This is a paid, part-time internship for Fall 2019 at the AGCO Acceleration Center in the University of Illinois’ Research Park. Students are required to work 15-20 hours a week on-site at our office in Research Park.
AGCO (NYSE: AGCO) is a Fortune 500 corporation offering solutions across the agriculture chain with a complete product portfolio. Our grain and protein brands include GSI, Cimbria, AP, Cumberland and Tecno – global manufacturers of grain systems, seed processing, and swine and poultry production equipment. We are dedicated to protecting every acre, every harvest and every animal in our customers’ care. By doing this, we help advance agriculture in developing countries and around the world.
GSI is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Nearest Major Market: Champaign
Nearest Secondary Market: Urbana
Job Segment: Intern, Database, Agronomy, Agricultural, Computer Science, Entry Level, Technology, Agriculture