- Assist Agronomy Crop Consultants with crop scouting, soil sampling, and field agronomic problem solving.
- Use integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
- Generate written reports and present them to supervisor and/or customer.
- Learn the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services, assist with over-the-counter sales, and assist with product delivery to customers.
- Learn to perform warehouse and agronomy plant operations.
- Assist in inventory management procedures.
- Learn how to maintain equipment and facility.
- Work in and keep an environment that is compliant with state, local and CHS Environmental and Safety policy.
- Support the CHS safety culture, promoting safety in the workplace and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assist other departments as needed.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Currently enrolled in Ag Business, Crop Science, or other Agriculture related degree program
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, bend, climb and lift up to 50 lbs.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to meet CHS driving standards.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Agriculture experience or background
- Previous internship
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, and Disability employer.