- Perform routine engineering calculations.
- Assist with implementation and startup of new process units.
- Assist with basic control tag configuration on a Honeywell DCS system (most widely used in the refining industry).
- Assist with HMI interface programming using Honeywell display builder software.
- Learn basic process control and apply that to your knowledge of chemical processes.
- CHS is starting up nearly $1.2B in capital improvements, all of which have new instrumentation needing startup assistance. Much of this startup will occur over the summer of 2015.
- Processes include a new Delayed Coking Unit, new H2 Reformer and PSA, new large water filtration unit, new Amine unit, new Sulfur Recovery Unit, and many other smaller processes.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Currently a Junior or Senior enrolled in a Chemical Engineering program at an ABET accredited four-year college/university
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, including respirators
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Previous internship experience in the petrochemical or refining industry
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local coopera