CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Agronomy Division. We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing individual who is passionate about (i) financial and strategic analysis, (ii) agriculture and (iii) the fertilizer business to join us an Agronomy Strategy and Business Development Intern. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Gain knowledge of general Agronomy business activities through direct contact with sales, trading/supply, logistics, terminal and specialty team members.
- Work closely with the Agronomy team to promote the timely exchange of information.
- Assist the Agronomy team in its ongoing asset portfolio study and the creation of metrics/tools to improve the monitoring and utilization of its asset base prospectively.
- Participate in M&A modeling and due diligence analysis of appropriate candidates for business development to augment the company’s existing asset portfolio.
- Assist in the identification, documentation and implementation of process improvements within the customer workflow of the Agronomy business unit.
- Participate in cross-company training and networking as part of the internship experience program.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Proficient in Excel to include complex macros and pivot tables
- Basic knowledge of financial modeling and analysis
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Previous finance and/or agronomy internship
- Statistics or market analysis experience
- Agriculture experience
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from Canada to Texas. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer.