The AGCO Acceleration Center is looking for a highly talented analytics intern to join our team at the Research Park for the 2019 Fall. This person will work closely with the Enterprise Data Architecture team in Duluth, Georgia and assist the team in building analytical solutions on AWS Cloud platform. The position works closely with our IT staff on project activities as well as working independently.
Assist in technical development activities of IT projects that involve Data/Analytics solution components:
- Data Analytics (Explorative analytics as well as machine learning)
- Design of data storage and access patterns based on application needs
- ETL/Data transformations & processing
- Knowledge of cloud processes
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Good understanding of predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification algorithms
- Preferably have completed one or more internships and/or have working experience (e.g. part time job).
- Preferably have experience with open source data science tool kits and big data on cloud & distributed computing technologies
- Degree program on data science or related quantitative discipline
- Experience gathering data from various source systems/databases, cleansing & transforming and preparing data ahead of analysis & data-mining phase
- Must be registered as a full-time student
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
This is a paid, part-time internship for Fall 2019 at the AGCO Acceleration Center in the University of Illinois’ Research Park. Students are required to work 10-20 hours a week on-site at our office in Research Park.
AGCO (NYSE: AGCO) is a Fortune 500 corporation offering solutions across the agriculture chain with a complete product portfolio. Our grain and protein brands include GSI, Cimbria, AP, Cumberland and Tecno – global manufacturers of grain systems, seed processing, and swine and poultry production equipment. We are dedicated to protecting every acre, every harvest and every animal in our customers’ care. By doing this, we help advance agriculture in developing countries and around the world.
Nearest Major Market: Champaign
Nearest Secondary Market: Urbana
Job Segment: Data Analyst, Intern, Analytics, Agricultural, Data, Entry Level, Management, Agriculture, Research