Dole Fresh Vegetables is a division of Dole Food Company, a worldwide team of grower, packers, processors, shippers, and employees committed to consistently providing safe, high-quality fresh fruit, vegetables, and food products while protecting the environment in which its products are grown and processed.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Activity Based Costing intern will collect cost data at the Soledad, CA value added plant and the Marina, CA cooler operation. The Activity Based Costing intern will work directly with the Sr Finance Director to interpret and analyze data collected to further develop and create finance models.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Assist in Cost Accounting
- Review current costing models
- Data Collection on production floor
- Work on special projects to assist in reporting
- Work with large data sets and spreadsheets
- Data analytics
- Other duties as assigned
- Approximate 20-hour work week; hours flexible
- The Activity Based Costing intern is based in Monterey, CA, but the internship requires travel to Soledad, CA and Marina, CA using his/her own car. Mileage will be reimbursed.
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of basic General Ledger Accounting
- Basic understanding of Cost Accounting
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Valid California driver’s license
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Senior or recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree in or concentration of accounting or finance and a minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher.
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Job Location Monterey, California, United States Position Type Intern