Welcome to BioWorks Inc! We’re a leader in providing environmentally responsible, safe, and effective biologically-based pest control and plant nutrition products for the horticulture, and specialty agriculture markets for more than 25 years. Together, with our team of experts, our customers are enhancing conventional programs as well as developing leading edge pest control and plant health programs.
We're hiring a Biological Support Specialist – Inside Salesperson to develop incremental sales and sales opportunities with new and existing customers. You will also support BioWorks Culture, Values and Strategic Plan objectives while consistently enhancing the image of BioWorks
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in promoting, supporting, and enhancing our Core Purpose, Core Values and Company Culture
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes cooperation with customers, collaborators, vendors, team members and management.
- Fully embraces Great Game of Business (“GGOB”), Scaling Up and all strategies and activities related to financial transparency and information sharing, including timely updates to revenue (if applicable), expenses, and cash goals.
- Fully engaged and is an active participant in the BioWorks Coaching Program
- Proactively make outbound sales calls to small & mid-sized customers and prospects
- Provide support (technical, marketing, product detailing, etc) by email and phone to assigned customer base and makes product recommendations to growers & distributors.
- Sales Process: Prospecting and Qualifying, Researching and Mining for Data
- Identify new lead prospects through internet research and social media.
- Qualifying opportunities, right effort on the right opportunity
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes cooperation with customers, collaborators, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Understand and has working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools.
- Document every interaction with customers in BioWorks’ CRM software
- Support field based Biological Solutions Advisors on specific target accounts. Conduct follow up and/or hand off customer leads to appropriate Biological Solutions Specialists
- Maintain and share an understanding of industry trends and technical
developments affecting BioWorks’ core markets and provides insights to BioWorks
on emerging industry trends.
- Follow-up in a timely manner to voicemail and email requests from management, peers, and other internal and external customers
- May serve as backup to inbound Technical calls and email when needed.
- Collect and distribute competitive pricing and product features vs. BioWorks’ products.
- Establish and maintain industry contacts.
- Provide special updates and report to Management as is appropriate or requested.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of company operations.
- Attend and participate in industry Trade Shows as required by Manager.
Specific performance and personal competencies include:
Driving Results: Sets positive, compelling goals and aggressive schedules for improvement. Translates the vision/mission of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
Managing Performance: Translates over-arching business goals into specific objectives. Holds people accountable for agreed-to results. Identifies and keeps others focused on the most important metrics that drive the business.
Building Commitment: Motivates others to pursue common objectives with excitement about the future. Radiates enthusiasm for goals and infects others with a shared optimism and excitement. Conveys a genuine belief to succeed despite the toughest obstacles.
Building Relationships and Using Influence: Builds and sustains excellent relationships at all levels both internally and externally. Uses relationship networks to strategically accomplish objectives. Communicates excitement about the business and motivates others to pursue common objectives.
Communication: Communicates passion, energy, intensity, and excitement. Is highly articulate and makes arguments in a compelling matter and comes to the point.
Energy/Endurance: Has a high capacity for work and shows passion, energy, endurance, and intensity. Maintains focus through days of long hours and multiple priorities.
Essential Qualifications — Education, Experience, Skills:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, horticulture, or equivalent experience in a related field preferred, not required.
Experience: 1-5 years of inside or field-based sales experience
Complexity of Decision Making: A wide variety of work. Considerable judgment. Make decisions guided by policies and precedent.
Accountability: Functions with little guidance. Direct accountability for operational, human and/or fiscal resources.
Consequence of errors: Probable errors may be detectable but are significant if not resolved.
Customer Interactions: High relational skills required. Contact and persuasion usually at the highest levels.
Environment & use of equipment/machinery
Normal office working conditions where temperature and noise and all other working conditions are controlled and within normal ranges.
- Ability to make decisions and evaluations to determine the needs of the customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both technical and business terms
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Treat all employees and customers with dignity, respect, and courtesy.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- General knowledge of target markets
- Ability to travel, with occasional overnight travel (<10%) to attend trade shows, attend industry functions to improve professional development, etc
Essential Values / BioWorks Core Values:
- Our Team, One Company
- We Honor Our Commitments
- We Have the Right Conversations
- Our Customers’ Success is Our Success