This position is for a Supervisory Loan Specialist (Commercial) in the Rural Business and Cooperative Program.
USDA is a great place to start or continue your career. USDA is ranked as one of the top 10 “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government” by the Partnership for Public Service. Rankings are based on employee feedback regarding satisfaction with their work experience.
Learn more about this agency
This position is a managerial position that reports to the State Director and is located in the Florida/USVI State Office with USDA, Rural Development. The incumbent serves as a key member of the State Director’s staff and participates fully in and is responsible for program planning, policy development, administration, coordination and evaluation of the full scope of activities related to the States rural business and cooperative development loan, grant, and loan guarantee programs.
- Analyzes program requirements and develops programs for effective implementation.
- Manages staff and provides leadership and direction in administering agency programs.
- Formulates objectives and allocates available resources necessary to effectively implement Rural Development agency loan and/or grant programs for the assigned State.
- Provides leadership for a comprehensive Rural Development program to process, service and supervise loan and grant programs throughout the jurisdictional area.
- Works closely with other federal agencies, state legislative bodies, state agencies and organizations, tribal officials and the private sector in developing and implementing comprehensive rural development strategies and programs to assure optimum economic development and opportunities in rural communities.
- Furnishes professional advice and credit, financial, and management guidance to rural communities and Agency customers as appropriate.
- Performs systematic program review and spot-checks of individual cases to identify trends and problems.
Occasional travel – When Required