USDA is a great place to start or continue your career. USDA is ranked as one of the top 10 “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government” by the Partnership for Public Service. Rankings are based on employee feedback regarding satisfaction with their work experience.
Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Technology Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Rural Development (RD) Business Center. The incumbent will serve as the Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Data Management), also known as the Data Engineer. The Data Engineer leads and oversees a team of contractors while leveraging subject matter experts as required to operationalize the enterprise information architecture (EIA).
- Seeks to improve the ability of OCIO internal data users and analysts to create products that enable sound financial management; data-driven decision support; efficient loan/grant processing; and to understand the effectiveness Rural Development programs.
- Leads engineering teams to build data management, data analysis, and data visualization products.
- Assist in functional studies as the advisor for the engineering data management systems.
- Assist in the analysis of data and analytics security requirements and solutions, and work with the chief information security officer (CISO) to ensure that enterprise data and analytics assets are treated as a protected asset.
- Implement efforts to improve business performance through enterprise information solutions and capabilities.
Occasional travel – 1-5 Days