This position manages and performs a comprehensive array of industrial hygiene tasks and programs that support policies and procedures for monitoring and preventing chemical and physical hazards in compliance with OSHA, Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), and corporate requirements. The position supports multiple sites for all Research and Development (R&D) operations pertaining to all labs, offices and
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Industrial Hygiene Manager, are to:
- Manages the radiation safety program for laboratories using isotopes at multiple sites including approval of use, package receipt and delivery, survey meter calibration, license requirements, and training;
- Manages the x-ray device management program including annual inspection, reporting, and training;
- Acts as the Radiation Safety Officer and Laser Safety Officer;
- Oversees the laser equipment reviews, approval of use, and training;
- Administers the hearing conservation program which includes noise sampling and training;
- Writes, edits, updates, and approves departmental industrial hygiene related documented practices and/or manuals;
- Participation in incident response activities as a member of the site emergency response team;
- Performs HSE site orientation.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BS in Industrial Hygiene or related field of chemistry, engineering, science or other technical discipline;
- 5 years’ experience in engineering or science discipline with 3-year direct experience managing Safety and Health and /or industrial hygiene programs;
- Experience in dealing with large multifunctional locations with emphasis on R&D/office environments, as well as VPP sites;
- Position requires excellent computer skills and working with databases;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written with all levels of the organization with emphasis on the HSE community and management.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist designation strongly preferred;
- Experience with radiation and lasers is a preferred;
- Through knowledge of OSHA and NRC regulations plus industry exposure standards is highly preferred.