The primary responsibilities of this role, Industrial Hygiene Intern, are to:
- Monitor IH for various chemical and physical hazards such as noise, silica dust, phosphine, CO, SO2, H2S, and welding fumes;
- Perform S&H related training;
- Perform dispensary functions such as safety glasses, various PPE, and potentially minor First Aid treatments;
- Perform safety inspections and audits;
- Update IH/Safety procedures;
- Participate in incident investigations;
- Perform quantitative respirator fit testing;
- Perform other duties supporting the OSHA STAR effort;
- Exhibit a strong safety ethic;
- Support plant wide initiatives;
- Communicate closely with and train, as needed, and area operations personnel.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelor”s or Master”s degree program in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene or related field and have completed their sophomore year by the start of their co-op or internship;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Have completed courses in Industrial Hygiene and Sampling and Evaluation of Health Hazards;
- Return to school upon completion of their term with Bayer to continue their program of study;
- Work at the Soda Springs Idaho site for the duration of the term (January – June of 2021 OR May – August of 2021 OR June – December of 2021).
- Prior Co-op or internship experience;
- Experience and/or interest in an industrial environment;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- High degree of personal initiative;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and a diverse culture.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.