Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Integrated Marketing Communications
The Integrated Marketing Communications role at Land O’ Lakes is responsible for driving magnetic connections between our consumers, customers and our brands. IMC is part of the Corporate Marketing team and supports the business teams by providing marketing communications expertise.
With Marketing and IMC leadership, you will participate in the development of brand strategy, which can include brand frameworks and customer journeys while managing the implementation and consistency of the brand guidelines. In partnership with the IMC manager, you will participate in the development of the communications strategy and big ideas, in collaboration with the agenc(ies) that will drive business growth.
The primary focus will be to orchestrate and execute the marketing communication campaign/program with appropriate internal and external partners, to deliver against brand and communication plan & strategy. Partner with our cross functional teams to understand the return on our marketing communications investments and revise plans as needed as new learning and opportunities present themselves.
The ideal candidate has a passion for building brands, is a story teller, and has a strong curiosity and engagement with the world. They should embrace and help drive change while being able to build genuine and authentic connections.
- 4-year Undergraduate degree.
- Experience in the business field including project management skills (in college or internship) with strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, flexibility and attentive to details.
- Manage the implementation and consistency of the brand guidelines.
- Participate in the development of the communications strategy and big ideas, in collaboration with the agenc(ies) that will drive business growth. Continually refine ideas and the execution as new learning and opportunities present themselves.
- Orchestrate and execute communication campaign/program with appropriate internal and external partners, to deliver against brand and communication plan & strategy.
- Proactively work with our cross functional teams to understand the return on our marketing communications investments and partner with the IMC Manager to revise plans as needed.
- Communication campaigns include but are not limited to the following: advertising (digital, TV, print, social, point-of-sale, etc.), price promotion, influencer, PR, events, sampling, website, social media, email, direct mail, sales/broker/channel communication, etc. Manage communication budgets, and the review/approval of financial commitments, using LOL systems as appropriate. (i.e. Fusion, Allocadia, others).
- Provide outside-in view of emerging communication trends, championing for consideration and/or testing.
- Manage the marketing communication budgets, and the review/approval of financial commitments, using LOL systems as appropriate. (ie. Fusion, Allocadia, others).
Required (Basic) Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications-related field
- 5+ years marketing campaign management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications
Preferred Experience & Education:
- Experience in translating marketing objectives and strategies into engaging creative ideas
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
- Experience in B2B marketing communication
Required Competencies & Other Skills:
- Ability to comprehend the connection between creativity and business
- Excellent analytical and proactive problem-solving skills; strong business acumen
- Strong initiative skills-proven ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent oral and written communications; including proven influencing capabilities across functions
- Demonstrated ability to excel, adapt and be highly productive in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to be part of a team effort to drive team and organizational success
- Flexible, enthusiastic, eager to learn, and results-driven
- High level of attention to detail and highly organized
Preferred Competencies & Other Skills:
- Experience using a marketing budget tracking system and return on marketing investment tools
- Experience in shopper marketing
- Experience in influencer marketing
Percentage of Travel: Mid-level
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
If you need to submit a reasonable accommodation request to complete the employment application process, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT. Please also use this number for any other questions.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy