In Bayer”s Crop Science division, we shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that helps to nourish our growing world, preserve natural resources and deliver better solutions for all farmers. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive our digital transformation. Our products include high-performance seeds & traits, crop protection solutions, and digital farming tools.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Imaging Scientist Intern, are to:
- Analyze Unmanned Arial Vehicle(UAV) imagery data across Bayer”s farms on Maui;
- Assist with overlaying imagery data;
- Work in overlay imagery data with other geospatial data to build agronomic insights and drive management decisions;
- Create or assist in creating data summaries to share with stakeholders;
- Curate and catalog imagery files.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree program in a Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or other STEM discipline;
- Previous programming experience;
- Capability to learn quickly and willingness to ask questions;
- Problem solving ability and experience in analyzing and presenting complex data;
- Organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to work independently;
- Ability to commit to a 3-month period (around 12 weeks) during between May-September.
- Proficiency in imaging and geospatial software;
- Remote Pilot Certificate- FAA Small Unmanned Aircraft rule(Part 107).
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.