The Washington Fruit & Produce Company story began in 1916 and we've spent more than a century perfecting our processes to deliver on the highest-quality apples, pears and cherries to people world-wide. Family-owned since our inception, we employ state-of-the-art technologies and advanced horticultural practices to maintain our commitment to quality down to the smallest detail.
We're hiring a Human Resource Director for our Orchard Operations Division in Othello, WA. In this position you will be responsible for managing administrative and Human Resources related activities and for all Washington Fruit & Produce owned ranches including, employee relations, training and development, workforce planning, HR law, workplace safety, food safety, H-2A program and general employment issues
- Ensure compliance with federal and state Department of Labor regulations and procedures
- Oversee and/or assist with all employee compensation issues
- Manage employee dispute resolution, counseling and mediation
- Manage food safety (SQF) and employee safety programs. Promote safety initiatives.
- Manage H-2A program administration
- Manage and maintain WSDA organic certification; policy, procedures, compliance and review
- Administer worker’s compensation program for all accidents and maintain OSHA Logs
- Oversee audits relating to safety, food, and Worker Protection Standard
- Maintain Human Resource files
- Develop new hire paperwork for all associates and insure they are accurate
- Educate associates on all benefit programs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Self starter and self motivated
- Strong decision making, planning, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of human resources policies, procedures and practices.
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers
- Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with co-workers and others
- Ability to manage, supervise and lead others
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- 5 + years human resource experience preferred
- Previous management experience preferred
- Previous orchard experience preferred