As the industry leading producer of pheromone mating disruption products, Suterra’s work environment is fast-paced and innovative. Suterra is adding an entry-level human resources position to the HR department to help with a diverse set of HR responsibilities that enable our entrepreneurial managers and teams to flourish. At Suterra, HR is designed to support and serve our customers by being solutions-oriented, accountable and responsive to business needs.
This role reports to the head of HR and provides general support and administration for all facets of HR, including recruiting, onboarding, benefits, payroll and more. This person will assist with the daily execution of HR responsibilities and will require someone with a demonstrated track record of working with sensitive material and displaying high levels of confidentiality.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Assist with the administrative portion of the HR department, including detail-oriented personnel record management, paperwork, filing and maintenance
- Coordinate training sessions and assist supervisors and hiring managers with onboarding scheduling and tracking
- Perform orientation and field employee inquiries about the benefits package
- Manage and facilitate HR surveys and collect results to assess trends in the data
- Produce the HR metrics dashboard and manage the HR analytics
- Participate in the SPIRIT Committee and contribute to the oversight and planning of Company sponsored events, committees, project teams and special projects as required.
- Manage the HR files, both hard copy and digital
- Assist employees with providing relevel ant information as it relates to benefit programs such as life, medical and disability insurances, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, COBRA and employee assistance.
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects
- Minimum one-year of work or internship experience either in Human Resources, project management or office administration with a serious interest in developing HR knowledge.
- Demonstrate high levels of confidentiality in dealing with sensitive employee information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to provide guidance and assistance to employees.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to handle matters of confidentiality with utmost tact and diplomacy.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with state specific labor laws, wage and hour guidelines, COBRA, ERISA, USERRA, ADA, FMLA, PDL/CFRA and related Federal and State regulations.
- Experience using an HRIS or ATS system.
- Spanish language proficiency a plus.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
Suterra is the world’s leading provider of biorational products for crop protection and commercial pest control. The company is dedicated to the research, development and commercialization of environmentally-friendly products using naturally occurring compounds such as pheromones.
Suterra is growing rapidly and investing aggressively in support of new product development. Suterra’s parent company, The Wonderful Company, has invested over $80 million in a modern, state-of-the art facility in Bend, Oregon to synthesize active ingredients and manufacture proprietary dispensing technologies.
Suterra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.