Human Resources Business Partner – Southern Terminal Operations
CHS has an exciting opportunity within our Human Resource Team. We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join our growing team and support our Terminal Operations organization. This position will be based out of our Belle Chasse, LA (Myrtle Grove) facility but will have responsibility for all locations in the Southern Delta Region. You must have strong organizational skills, be able to work independently, possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to influence, guide and direct in a professional manner.
- Work as a business partner with management and employees, supporting effective labor and employee relations practices and contract administration
- Implement human resources solutions in regards to employee relations, performance management, talent management, position design and evaluation, and facilitating training and development.
- Investigate and resolve grievances, prepare for and coordinate management’s response to arbitrations and unfair labor practice charges.
- As necessary and appropriate, coordinate and facilitate effective human resources support to the business unit from various human resource functions including talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, HRIS as well as support from other staff groups, such as communications, legal, payroll and safety, as necessary.
- Counsel employees and management on HR issues and problem resolution.
- Review and monitor related action taken by employees, supervisors and management to ensure compliance with CHS policy. Provide consultation and appropriate notification to management as necessary. Proactively communicate specific information to employees and management on policies and procedures, governmental regulations, benefits and compensation.
- Identify training needs and deliver various training programs to managers and employees as needed.
- Collaborate with talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, HRIS and payroll departments to meet goals of the assigned division.
- Participate in the development and documentation of processes and procedures.
- Build and maintain solid relationships, working effectively with business unit leaders, management, peers and employees.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%.
- Champion and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Provide daily direction to one local team member
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human resources or business administration
- 5 plus years of human resource experience to include:
- 3 plus years as human resources business partner / human resource generalist
- Knowledge of employment law
- Conducting and facilitating training
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Master’s degree in Human Resources
- PHR or SPHR certifications
- Experience with HRIS systems, prefer Lawson, Brassring, Success Factors
- Prefer experience supporting multiple locations in the Agriculture industry
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.