The HR Business Partner, Soda Springs – Operations will execute on the human resource strategies and tactics support US Crop Protection (CP) Active Ingredient Manufacturing (AIM) Sites HRBP partners with line management on areas such as organization design, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, leadership coaching, talent development, and workforce planning. The incumbent also provides high quality consultancy on a diverse set of strategic HR issues, ensures the implementation and application of agreed upon Bayer group HR policies and programs throughout the business.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, HRBP Soda Springs – Operations, are to:
- Provide guidance and direction to supervisors and managers regarding personnel actions such as performance management, performance improvement plans, discipline (up to and including terminations), and other employment practices;
- Involved in conducting equity and utilization analyses of compensation programs including merit, bonus, rewards & recognition and promotion; identify compensation issues impacting client groups and collaborate with management and with compensation specialists;
- Effectively communicate HR products, perspectives, services, programs and policies to management and employees and implication on business strategies;
- Consult in close collaboration with Sr. HR Manager with issues surrounding Law/litigation on ensuring compliance and adherence to applicable employment laws and Bayer policies;
- Supports and executes organizational changes (Restructuring, mergers, acquisitions and divestments) providing appropriate solutions from the HR perspective; Thorough understanding of the business and engagement with the business leaders, translate the business requirements;
- Interprets HR policies to address employee questions and issues and researches issues and ensures cases are managed to resolution;
- Perform reporting and analytics, workforce planning and monthly reports
- Fully utilizes the SAP system/database to perform data entry and datamining as needed, to gather and analyze data for investigations, reports, and evaluations;
- Assist with New Hire Orientation; Lead or participate in Human Resources projects;
- Act as HR change agent and implementation advisor;
- Proactively partner in projects with Center of Expertise to create
innovative HR solutions;
- Engages in building and maintaining strong customer relationships;
- Coach and partner across Crop Science US AIM HR initiatives;
- Additional special project support to HR, employees and managers as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration or our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor”s degree in a related field with 7 years of HR experience in any of the areas of HR Specialty;
- 2 years of HR Generalist experience is preferred;
- Experience in performing employee relations and investigations;
- Experience in effectively leading/implementing large organizational redesign across multiple sites and/or a division;
- Proficient knowledge of HR processes, programs, policies and systems and ability to communicate same to employees and management;
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and change; comfortable with uncertainty;
- Experience in handling projects and corresponding change;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to provide positive and corrective feedback to others and deal with employee relations issues at all organizational levels;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in Human Resources in a manufacturing environment, desired;
- Experience with Microsoft Office and SharePoint; SAP HR experience a plus;
- Experience in working in a global & matrix organization is preferred.