Welcome to AgHires! We are a leader in recruiting and job advertising for the agriculture, agribusiness, food production, produce, and horticulture industries. We pride ourselves on deep partnerships, open communication, integrity, and selectivity to deliver top talent. We recruit across the U.S. and Canada and work with mid-size to Fortune 100 companies. We have a differentiated approach to recruiting and share a passion for the food and ag industry.
We're hiring for a full-time Business Development Manager to join our dynamic team of driven individuals. This role is a B2B sales role focused on developing relationships and tailored solutions to our mid-sized to Fortune 500 companies. We offer recruitment services, candidate sourcing and RPO our target market being agribusinesses across the full spectrum of agriculture. You would be working with top HR Executives as well as Owners. We offer a unique approach working with our clients on exclusive contracts where we are the only recruiting firm working on their role. Our name to fame is in our selectivity of candidates and deeper partnerships. This role has minimal travel.
Although our HQ is based in Southeast Michigan you may be based remotely from your home with occasional travel to the headquarters.
We offer a base compensation highly dependent on the individual along with an incentive program with unlimited earning potential. We provide a 401K program with 3% company match, vacation and holiday pay.
Our ideal hire brings
- 5+ years strong sales experience selling solution-based services; agricultural or HR solutions background would be nice-to-have, not required
- Proven ability to work with a variety of individuals from operations managers to small business owners to executives in larger corporations
- High-drive, entrepreneurial mindset, and proven track record of success
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
What you would be doing
- Develop and identify new business prospects across all sectors of the agricultural and food industry
- Work closely with VP of Sales to drive yearly sales growth
- Develop an understanding of the customer’s needs and overall business to recommend best services
- Work with our clients to problem-solve and develop tailored solutions especially with larger organizations
- Manage and execute contracts with clients
- Partner cross-functionally with recruiters who will be the main point of contact during the recruiting process
- Travel and attend industry trade shows (3-4 per year) and participate in ag association meetings
- Manage and continually update contacts and activities in CRM system
- Maintain strong understanding of current challenges and industry changes