The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
This position serves in many roles, high organizational skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively is required.
Areas of Accountability:
- Recruiting – Drive recruitment of hourly FT, and Seasonal employees and FT salaried employees for East region of IAS with backup support to West region as needed.
- Leads community outreach program and builds relationships with educational and community sources to build applicant pool for short and long-term sourcing of future employees. Attend Job Fairs, Networking events etc. to build branding of IAS as an employer. (support from West region HR Generalist)
- Applicant Tracking System expert with ability to train others on use of product
- Backup support for Social Media initiatives (Facebook, Linked In, etc.)
- Onboarding platform expert with ability to train others on use of product
- Manage HireRight platform – backup for billing
- Payroll & Timekeeping administration – entry of all employee changes, report writing, and timekeeping adjustments as needed to process bi-weekly payroll.
- I9 Administration
- Advanced reporting as needed for position responsibilities, and leadership requests.
- Manage Workers Compensation for East region with backup support to West region as needed and assist managers with work comp reduction.
- Administrator Training Platform with ability to train others on use of product
- General Benefits Administration of all IAS benefits (answer employee questions, manage ADP benefits area, FMLA)
- Manage IAS Internship Program with support of other HR Team members
- Manage IAS Scholarship Program
Other HR Team Duties
- HR Coach – application of handbook policies to help coach and aid supervisors in employee documentation
- Ability to work in all HRIS platforms
- Support company training initiatives as needed
- Content management of electronic and paper files
- Other duties as assigned to support HR team and company initiatives
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Under graduate degree in human resources, or business management, and/or equivalent of education and experience. Minimum 4 years’ experience.
- Self-Directed, with limited supervision, displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form, as well as by phone and online
- Ability to organize, deals with change effectively, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to successfully participate in recruitment PI Training Program & support company initiatives once trained
- Microsoft Office Suite programs. Advanced Excel required. Microsoft Publisher Skills and ADP Workforce Now experience a plus.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or, on occasion carry objects with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also, flexibility to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
- Agricultural Environment – Possible exposure to seasonal weather, outdoor conditions, and agriculture products.