Briggs Nursery grows over 1,000 varieties of perennials, trees and shrubs at our micropropagation laboratory and greenhouse in Elma, Washington. We produce millions of plants annually from our 52,000 square-foot facility, which includes a designated research area and culture rooms. We ship our products worldwide and partner with hybridizers, nurseries and commercial agricultural ventures to propagate, introduce and market cultivars from all parts of the world.
We are hiring an Inside Sales Representative to work with our customers which include wholesale nurseries, garden centers, and landscapers. You will support an established customer base, as well as work to build relationships with new customers. You will be the point of contact for sales and the technical resource on variety attributes and availability. This role is a pivotal part of providing exceptional customer experience to match our exceptional plants. This role is mostly performed in the office but does include 5-7 weeks/yr travel to customers, trades shows and other industry meetings in the US and Canada.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision insurance.
This role is for you if…
- You have a passion for plants.
- You enjoy working with customers.
- You are well-organized.
- You can multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively.
The focus of the role:
- Source new sales opportunities through cold calls as well as researching accounts to identify opportunities
- Connect with customers to establish a strong relationship and build business
- Maintain contact with all existing customers throughout the year to understand and meet their needs
Quality candidates will…
- Have experience in horticulture; experience with wholesale customers in the nursery and landscape business is a plus.
- Have exceptional plant knowledge, which may include a degree in horticulture, botany, plant science or other horticultural field.
- Be excellent communicators on the phone and in-person.
- Have strong computer skills – including a good knowledge of database management, Excel, and PowerPoint.