Horticultural Coordinator – Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
Process custom orders including those involving complex design and/or custom
die shapes. Provide accurate detailed horticultural information and photography for the creation of product through the JHH Front End and for the JHH consumer website; BloomIQ.com. Maintain and add photography to the photo library to ensure quick processing of orders through the JHH Front End. Work in a team environment to better facilitate production and problem solving while maintaining quality and customer service
How Will You Impact WestRock
- Process custom tag orders through photo evaluation, copy, and layout requirements, mock-up preparation, and creating proofs for the customer.
- Use knowledge of horticulture, plant habit, nomenclature, plant breeders, etc. to insure accuracy and quality of plant research.
- Maintain integrity of all plant database systems.
- Work directly with our customers, as required to insure quality product, meet their turn times expectations and get questions answered quickly.
- Maintain current and consistent customer specific information in our files, including, but not limited to photo preferences, horticultural copy preferences, unique product specs and tag/product layouts.
- Insure product quality through consistent use of our quality documents, work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Assist Customer Service, as required to insure all dates are met on orders.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Continually expand knowledge of processes through cross-training and available company sponsored educational classes and trainings..
- Assist in training of the new Horticultural coordinators and other department members as needed.
- Assist all other areas of the JHH Front End as needed
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university or a minimum 2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advance skills in Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Basic to moderate experience work on building/maintaining a database structure preferred.
- 6 months – 1 year Garden Center or Internship/Internships working in a Garden Center or Botanical Gardens preferred.
- Ability to get along with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance, adhering to the MPS attendance policy.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What We Offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.