Ruff Farms is an expanding farm and agricultural drainage operation just south of Columbus, Ohio. We are looking for someone that has great character, is energetic, professional, good in front of clients, honest, hardworking, and ethical. We pride ourselves on having the same traits and doing a great job on every acre we farm.
We are currently looking for a full-time year-round Heavy Equipment Operator for our operation in Circleville, Ohio. In this role you will be performing a wide variety of tasks from operating equipment to driving trucks, to performing light maintenance, and other duties. Focus of work will depend on whether you are assisting with our drainage operation or our farming operation.
Compensation depends on experience $15 – $20 per hour along with benefits (health insurance and IRA matching). We are willing to train the right individual. The hours vary for our busy season but typically 45-50 hours per week.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Operating heavy equipment such as farm machinery or construction equipment
- Performing light maintenance and preventative maintenance on equipment
- Assisting in all areas of our operation as needed
- 1+ yr as a heavy equipment operator, mechanic, or technician preferred.
- Preferred candidates with either farming, construction, military or relatable machinery experience
- Good mechanical ability
- Self-motivated, team player, and ability to work independently.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, Class A CDL a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work extended hours during peak season