Welcome to Agri Industries we’re a family-owned operation providing irrigation and water well drilling systems and services to northern North Dakota and Montana. With two locations and a dedicated team of over 100 employees, we provide a one-stop shop to our customers including underground construction, installs and repairs. We’re a Valley Irrigation Performance Plus dealer. We pride ourselves on being a true partner with our employees and offering a great place to work.
Join a highly driven team that’s passionate about our customers. We’re hiring a full-time, year-round Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic for our Williston, ND location (Northwest ND). You will perform maintenance and repairs on our fleet of excavators, directional drills, backhoes, dozers, diesel trucks, pickups, water well drills, and trailers. You will be working both in the shop and traveling on-site to various field locations for on-the-spot repairs. Independent and self-motivated individuals will thrive in this role.
We Offer: Agri Industries offers competitive wages, health insurance, 401K with company match, paid vacation and holiday, and flexible work schedules. Agri Industries is a drug-free and EEO workplace.
This job might be for you if you have
- 3-5 years’ experience as a heavy equipment mechanic or diesel technician working on similar equipment
- Strong mechanical, hydraulic and electrical system experience with heavy equipment
- Prior farming and/or agriculture experience; highly preferred or strong understanding of the industry
- Completion of technical certification program for mobile heavy equipment repair preferred, but not required with experience
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
What you would be doing
- Evaluate and diagnose mechanical problems with mobile heavy equipment throughout our construction operations
- Travel to various remote sites to accomplish field repairs on machines that have broken down in places where relocating them to the main shop would be counterproductive
- Communicate clearly with mechanical technicians and other team members providing support services during repair operations
- Document various steps taken throughout the repair process to ensure consistency in future repairs and in reporting on resources and supplies used
- Demonstrate knowledge of the various mechanical systems that go into each piece of mobile construction equipment in our operation’s various locations
- Supervise and train technicians and other support staff members whose primary responsibilities consist of assisting with operations
- Provide routine preventative maintenance on vehicles and other pieces of mobile heavy equipment to avert the need for repairs
- Track the maintenance rotation and ensure no pieces of equipment are missed during each maintenance cycle