We are looking for a full time-year round Mechanic for our Van Horn, TX Farm. This position is responsible for quality repairs, preventative maintenance, parts inventory, organization and scheduling and will be working side-by-side with the Farm Manager on major projects for the fleet of agricultural equipment and trucks.
Compensation: Top level pay for those qualified, health care benefits, relocation assistance, vacation time, yearly bonus, great working environment.
Come see what we are all about on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pecangrovefarms1/
- Manage the maintenance and repair farm and heavy equipment such as sprayers, shakers, harvesters, sweepers, etc.
- Prioritize and schedule maintenance projects in coordination with harvest schedules.
- Execute maintenance on electric and diesel motors, irrigation systems, and hydraulic systems, variable speed drives and equipment fleet.
- Build and execute Standard Operating Procedures, maintenance plans and record keeping.
- Manage the shop and inventory and ordering of critical spare parts.
- Ensure workplace safety in a shop environment.
- Welding, fabricating, schematic and blueprint reading and calibrating equipment.