In Bayer”s Pharmaceuticals division, we focus on researching, developing and marketing specialty-focused innovative medicines that provide significant clinical benefit and value, primarily in the therapeutic areas of cardiology, oncology, gynecology, hematology and ophthalmology. With our innovative products, we seek to achieve therapeutic benefit for patients, while at the same time satisfying the growing requirements of physicians and health insurers. As one of the leading research-based pharmaceutical companies worldwide, we have nearly 50 ongoing development projects in clinical trials.
Bayer has been committed to radiology for more than 100 years and is a world-leading diagnostic imaging solutions provider. Finding a disease early on can have a crucial impact on patient treatment. Medical imaging can improve outcomes for patients, physicians and institutions as it accelerates the treatment, reduces hospital stays, and offers major cost savings. Bayer”s continually evolving radiology portfolio includes medical devices, contrast media, and integrated dose-management software (radiation dose and contrast dose). We oﬀer customer solutions to help healthcare teams meet the challenging needs of today’s radiology environment.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Health, Safety and Environment Intern, are to:
- Assist with developing, implementing, updating and managing Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) programs, policies and/or trainings;
- Complete Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) assessments;
- Perform hazard identification assessments, including, Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)and ergonomic assessments;
- Assist department managers complete a chemical inventory;
- Review site Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) procedures;
- Help investigate all injury, property damage and spills;
- Perform inspections and audits to evaluate HSE compliance to OSHA, EPA and DOT.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor”s or Master”s degree in Environmental Studies, Industrial Safety, Public Health, Safety, Occupational Health and Safety or Safety Engineering;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Available to work during one of the two timeframes:
- May 17 th , 2021 – August 6 th , 2021
- June 14 th , 2021 – September 3 rd , 2021
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.