Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers' cooperative headquartered in York, NE with locations throughout Nebraska, Kansas and Iowa. Established in 2003, CVA has over 900 employees and is an innovative leader providing products and services in grain, agronomy, feed, and energy. You can find more information about Central Valley Ag by visiting www.cvacoop.com.
As the HACCP Coordinator for Central Valley Ag Cooperative you will be responsible for the development of the CVA’s Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Feed Production Policies. This position will also be responsible for ensuring that CVA’s policies and procedures are in practice at each location across the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Development, implementation, maintenance, and validation of the Company’s HACCP Program.
- Monitoring and auditing the Company’s HACCP Program for each Feed Location
- Development and implementation of HACCP training and certification for specific Company employees and management
- Ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Development, monitoring and maintenance of supporting programs such as foreign material control and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Perform HACCP audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure regulatory compliance
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on HACCP initiatives, changes and committees
- Review plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safe feed production requirements have been met.
- Establishing and maintaining statistical records and files as required and preparing reports and correspondence as assigned
- Lead, conduct and report investigations related to potential claims for out of compliance products manufactured or sold by CVA
- Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises front line employees in conjunction with Location Managers
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work in regards to safe feed production compliance; addressing complaints and resolving problems in conjunction with location manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) or equivalent from four-year college
- 3-4 years experience in a progressively responsible HACCP related position.
- Leadership aptitude and effective communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
· Class A CDL with Haz-Mat, Tanker and Air Brakes Endorsement a plus