COMPANY: Western Grain Marketing
HIRING MANAGER: Scott Docherty
LOCATION: Rushville, IL
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Serves as the Grain & Elevator Operations intern under the direction of the General Manager, trains and assists with general grain functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Gains understanding of grain merchandising, risk management, finance and accounting; Learns how cash basis values and CBOT prices establishes flat price grain bids.
- Gain experience in each department of grain. Origination, Merchandising, Operations, Accounting, and Safety.
- Assist operating elevator as needed.
- Overview of inventory, i.e. measuring, testing, sampling for quality.
- Experience truck and rail loading and unloading operations & grain conditioning and grain blending.
- Assist with facility design, repair and maintenance.
- Visit at least one terminal elevator or processor.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with customers, industry representatives, and employees.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be pursuing a degree or certification from a community college, technical college or university and in good academic standing at time the internship begins.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and have the ability to travel independently and overnight as needed.
- Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.