POSTING DATES: At least five business days
SUPERVISOR: Shawn Kinkade
LOCATION: Dalton City, IL
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Under the direction of the General Manager, trains and assists with general Grain functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
May train and assist with:
- Hands on work in each department of grain
- Fill in and run an elevator as needed
- Overview of inventory, i.e. measuring, testing, sampling for quality
- Truck and rail loading and unloading
- Grain Conditioning and Grain blending
- Facility design, repair and maintenance
- Visit at least one terminal elevator or processor
- Overview of grain merchandising, risk management, finance and accounting Learns how cash basis values fluctuate on a daily basis and tracks changes accordingly
- Learn grain supply chain
- Interaction and customer service
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be pursuing an agriculture-related degree at a 4-year university, with a status of at least a second semester junior or first semester senior in good academic standing at the time the internship begins.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
- Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to travel independently and overnight when necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.