COMPANY: Conserv FS
SUPERVISOR: Mark Musial
LOCATION: Marengo, IL
Must be pursuing an agriculture-related degree at a 2-year community or technical college, with a status of freshman or sophomore to be eligible to apply.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Serves as the Agronomy Operations intern under the direction of location management, trains and assists with general Agronomy functions to learn the foundation of the system and industry prepare for future career.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Hands-on experience in agronomy field and operations.
• Assist with facility and equipment maintenance and repair.
• Visit FS locations and customers building professional relationships.
• Operate field research and crop monitoring equipment and technology for scouting.
• Apply crop nutrition and crop protection products.
• Gain understanding and experience with ordering, receiving, and inventory control.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
• Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Must be pursuing an agriculture, mechanic, welding, or related degree or certification at a 2-year community or technical college with the status of freshman or sophomore in good academic standing at time the internship begins.
• Must have ability to obtain a CDL and commercials applicator’s license with required endorsements, a satisfactory driving record, and valid medical card.
• Demonstrates ability to work independently.
• Demonstrates essential abilities including communication, customer focus, decision making, and skill development.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
• Must be able to travel independently and overnight when necessary.
• Frequently required to lift 51-70 pounds as needed.
• Frequently exposed and required to work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, wet, etc.), as well as working at various heights or elevated platforms.
• Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.