Evergreen FS is farmer-ownedcooperative serving the needs of customers in McLean, Woodford, Livingston, Dewitt and Macon counties. Providing a full range of farm supplies and services including agronomy, seed, fertilizer, fuel, structures, custom turf, financing, marketing advice and products. Specializing in the production of corn and soybeans and operate several grain elevators as part of our operations. Evergreen FS offers a full line of energy products including gasoline, ethanol, biodiesel, diesel fuel, propane and lubricants to our customers at competitive prices. Evergreen FS is a member of the GROWMARK system.
Serves as the Grain & Elevator Operations intern under the direction of the General Manager, trains and assists with general grain functions. Check out this video for more information: https://vimeo.com/354291707
We are seeking interns that reside or look to relocate to DeWitt, Livingston, Macon, McLean or Woodford Counties in Illinois! We do not offer relocation or housing assistance.
- Gains understanding of risk management, finance and accounting; Learns how cash basis values fluctuate on a daily basis and tracks changes accordingly.
- Gain experience in each department of grain.
- Assist operating elevator as needed.
- Overview of inventory, i.e. measuring, testing, sampling for quality.
- Experience truck and rail loading and unloading operations & grain conditioning and grain blending.
- Assist with facility design, repair and maintenance.
- Visit at least one terminal elevator or processor.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with customers, industry representatives, and employees.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be pursuing a finance, agriculture, business, or related degree at a 4-year university with the status of at least a second semester junior or first semester senior in good academic standing at time the internship begins.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and have the ability to travel independently and overnight as needed.
- Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law. We are an equal opportunity employer.