PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Serves as the Energy Operations intern under the direction of the Refined Fuels Supply & Trading Manager, trains and assists with general Energy Operations functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Build and maintain professional relationships with customers, industry representatives, and employees.
- Understand GROWMARK Energy Division Operations, Supply and Technical services, and strategies including refined, renewable, and propane supply & trading processes and operations.
- Develop understanding of refined, renewable and propane market fundamentals, analysis, trading and pricing.
- Develop and administer operational supply strategies and special projects.
- Develop and maintain a database of fundamental & technical information to support supply and trading strategies.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be pursuing a degree or certification from a community college, technical college or university and in good academic standing at time the internship begins.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
- Frequently required to lift 51-70 pounds as needed
- Potentially exposed and required to work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, wet, etc.), as well as working at various heights or elevated platforms
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and have the ability to travel independently and overnight as needed.
- Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.